- Ladder frame chassis with aluminum channels and resin cross members.
- Shaft-driven from front-mounted motor to diff-equipped rear axles.
- Cabin with realistic tilt-forward operation.
- RS-540 brushed motor.
- ABS plastic body with distinctive ?ǣbucket-tooth?ǥ grille.
- Aluminum-bodied friction shocks.
- Three-speed, servo-controlled constant mesh transmission.
- Suspension features a diecast metal front axle and reinforced resin rear axles, float-mounted on metal leaf springs and coil spring shocks.
- Included coupler lets modelers connect the kit to any currently available Tamiya 1/14 scale trailers.
- Bellcrank steering
- Ten rubber radial tires.
- Chrome-plated plastic wheels.
- LED light buckets (note: LEDs sold separately).
This 1/14 scale tractor truck recreates the Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3363 3-axle truck, which is the first narrow bodied European tractor model in the Tamiya Tractor Truck Series. The full-size subject is the German company's heavy duty tractor head that debuted in 2013. Powered by a 630hp 15.6-liter inline-6, the actual Arocs is capable of hauling massive loads of up to 250 tons.?á
The Tamiya rendition faithfully captures the truck's modern form with the use of ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components. One look at the detailed interior and auxiliary equipment, such as air tanks, will confirm that the body features replica-quality realism, which is further enhanced with metal transfers depicting emblems and numerous metal-plated parts. The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members. ?áDrivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold Tamiya 4-channel transmitter.